The PROLIX Team committed to the principles of gender mainstreaming by implementing various activities from the project beginning on. With regard to the integration of gender mainstreaming into different areas (Management and Decision Making Level, Dissemination Level and Content Level), the PROLIX management as well as the project team promotes a commitment to the needs and ideas of gender equality.
In order to address the under-representation of women in scientific professions PROLIX continues to support women in research and science, as well as fosters the mobilisation of girls and young women for information technologies.
Following this concept the PROLIX Team elected the new "Researcher of the quarter" among the female researchers within the team. The idea behind is to increase the exposure of female researchers within the PROLIX Project so that girls and young women can learn from their research and personal experiences.
After Katrina Leyking The New Researcher of the Quarter is Lucia Pannese of imaginary. Below please find the CV of Lucia. Congratulations, Lucia!
Born in 1968 in Milano, Italy, after having attended the German school, Lucia graduated in Applied Mathematics at the Università Statale di Milano in 1993. After graduation she studied applied acoustics there for 1,5 years with the group of Numerical Analysis: acoustical models containing diffraction problems of acoustical waves scattering against barriers and attempts of reducing noise, varying the geometrical form of the barriers, were the topic of research.
In 1994 she started working in different technological companies as project and training manager and introducing new businesses.
Lucia has managing experience in (research) projects and resources coordination with special attention to technology enhanced learning solutions. In February 2004 she founds the SME imaginary s.r.l. a company designing and developing serious games and simulation systems inside the incubator of the university Politecnico di Milano; at present she is covering the position of CEO and project manager for international activities. In October 2008 she founds also Games2Growth Ltd based at the Serious Games Institute, Coventry University Technology Park.
Important stations during occupational career
- 1993 starting research in numerical analysis at Università Statale di Milano
- 1994 starting first job in business
- 2004 founding partner of imaginary srl, Milano, Italy
- 2008 founding partner of Games2Growth Ltd, Coventry, UK
Current occupational position (incl. duration/limitation)
CEO of imaginary and Games2Growth
Research area and scope of activities within the PROLIX project:
Competency-oriented Process Simulation
List of Prolix (related) Publications
- Alexander Karapidis, Lucia Pannese, Dimitra Pappa, Mauro Santalmasi, Wolfgang Voltz, "Simulation as Efficient Support lo learning Business Dynamics", in "Innovative Approaches for Learning and Knowledge Sharing", pp 357-365, Springer Berlin / Heidelberg (2006)
- Andrea G.B. Tettamanzi, Maria Carlesi, Lucia Pannese,Mauro Santalmasi: "Business Intelligence for Strategic Marketing: Predictive Modelling of Customer Behaviour Using Fuzzy Logic and Evolutionary Algorithms" in "Lecture Notes in Computer Science" (LNCS) vol. 4448, "Applications of Evolutionary Computation"; Springer (2007)
- Marcello Hinxman-Allegri, Maria Carlesi, Gavin Nettleton, Lucia Pannese, Kevin Pudney, Malcolm Rose, Mauro Santalmasi: "Star Rating for Social Care Services: Simulation Scenario in the PROLIX Framework", EC-TEL, 17-20 September 2007, Crete, Greece
- Marcello Hinxman-Allegri, Gavin Nettleton, Lucia Pannese, Kevin Pudney, Malcolm Rose, Mauro Santalmasi: "The Simulation for the Star Rating of Social Care Services", EDEN conference, Gdansk (2009)